I am hoping that 2013 will bring some change into my life. It’s not that my life in the past has been bad because it has been anything but. I am so thankful for the life I have, the opportunities I have been given, and the amazing people I share it with. I wouldn’t be here without my supportive mother, who has always been there for me, and my loving life partner, who although has to leave to Korea sometimes, is never far in my thoughts and in my heart.
This year, I hope to do a number of things differently. Here is a list of things I want to change and goals I want to reach:
1. Write more, everyday if I can!
2. Love unconditionally and stop being so sarcastic (I know this irks Won)
3. GET IN SHAPE! I have really gone off the healthy living track. I used to be so aware of what I was eating and my habits, but recently it has been like I don’t care at all. I attribute much of this to the introduction of medication into my life, which is helping with the obsessive thoughts about weight and health, and it probably does help a lot with depression and anxiety, so I’m more willing to eat. It also makes me so tired and lazy! This is one of my biggest goals this year.
4. Make friends 🙂 I grew up as a shy, fearful child and have really come a long way (with a lot of effort!). I have yet to master the art of really making friends or at least more acquaintances.
5. Finish my novel once and for all! I hope to do this in the next couple of months.
6. Work on my sketching and painting skills. I’m not terrible at this, but I could use a lot of work. Plus, I love doing both when I feel up to it.
7. Have a greater interest in my appearance. This too has gone to the wayside as a result of my laziness.
8. Sing a solo. I have never in my life sung a solo, although I have been told that I am a very good singer. I think I have really come into my voice since I have matured and I want to share this gift with others. I just need to find the courage.
9. Paying off at least one of my student loans. This may or may not happen. Ugh, growing up and managing money is a pain.
10. I know this is random and others probably won’t understand this, but I will try not to get angry when Won wants to watch something on the Korean channel, listen to Korean music, and just anything Korean. Sometimes it is incredibly hard for me to seem happy when I have to endure something that I just can’t understand (culturally and linguistically). I am really going to try to accept him more for who he is and brush off some of our differences. It takes a lot to be in an international relationship and I need to realize this everyday.
Cross your fingers everybody! We will see how 2013 goes. I’m really looking forward to what’s ahead.