I want to thank Grndma Chris for nominating me for the Reality blog award. Her blog is amazing and fun to read because it is totally honest and witty. If you haven’t done so yet, please check out her blog. It’s about her adventures and misadventures during menopause.
Here is a set of guidelines that you will find helpful with your award:
1) Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2) Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back to them.
3) Answer the 5 simple questions.
4) Nominate up to 20 blogs for the award and notify each of them.
5) Display the award on your blog somewhere.
Here are the 5 simple questions-I am going to answer them because I might just find out something about myself that I didn’t know.
1) If you could change one thing, what would you change?
The only thing I would change would be my OCD. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about life without it and how much freer I could be.
2) If you could repeat an age, what would it be?
Because I’m still pretty young, this is actually tough. I would like to be 18 again. I was just on the cusp of adulthood and I had so much to learn. I think that looking back, I wish I had taken a few more chances and been a little more adventurous.
3) What is one thing that really scares you?
Something that really scares me is the thought of living my entire life in fear. The fear of illness is so consuming. I often wonder how I could ever have children and live a fulfilling, happy life in which I don’t constantly think about “germs”.
4) What is one dream you have not completed, and do you think you’ll be able to complete it?
One dream that I have is to go to graduate school and become a certified speech pathologist. I applied and didn’t get in and it eats extremely disheartening, so I’m leery to go through that much stress and heartache again anytime soon. I want to accomplish this someday.
5) If you could be someone else for one day, who would it be?
This is a pretty tough one, but I would have to say that I would want to be a native Korean speaker for a day. I think this would give me the chance to see my boyfriend in a different light and talk to him in his native language, something that I’m certain I’ll never be able to really do.
I would like to nominate a couple of my favorite fellow bloggers, who I feel are amazing people and great writers and really have a lot to share.
1. mintedmoose. I follow this amazing woman every day on her blog “My Life, My Way, My Words!”. She is not afraid to express who she really is and I admire that in her. She always has new and personal insights into mental health. Plus, she’s not afraid to get a tattoo (or two)! This is something that I have yet to get up the courage to do 🙂
2. daughter189. This young lady is rather new to blogging, but I feel a strong connection to her writing in her blog “Little Bit Complicated”. We share many of the same thoughts and feelings and she is a fellow emetephobe, which can be comforting in a world in which I feel alien because of this fear. I now know I’m not so alone in the world 🙂
Congratulations on your nomination! You deserve it 🙂