The purpose of this blog is to shed some light on the reality of OCD. In my experience, this disorder is thrown around too loosely. However, I want to make it clear, that my life is not at all depressing! I am in the happiest relationship of my life, I’m at a great place with my family members, and I am finally living on my own. Therefore, I want to share with you some things about me that are NOT OCD related, just so that everyone knows that I’m a “normal” person underneath my disorder.
Here are 20 random facts about myself:
1. I have a college degree (a B.A. in Speech and Hearing Sciences to be exact) 😀
3. I studied German for 4.5 years and Korean for 1 year.
4. My entire high school student body was less than 600 people.
5. I played the trumpet in middle school.
6. I am a farmer’s daughter. Yep, that picture is my daddy’s farm.
7. I knew about “Gangnam Style” long before it became a song 😉
8. My long-time partner is Korean and I have eaten enough Kimchi to say that I am an honorary Korean.
9. Norman Reedus (a.k.a. Daryl from “the Walking Dead”) is my celebrity crush.
10. I believe in the paranormal and am a self-described conspiracy theorist.
11. My favorite movie is “Schindler’s List,” but I haven’t been able to watch it more than once.
12. My favorite band of all time is Nirvana.
13. My tongue is longer than the world’s longest tongue in the Guinness Book of World Records. I have no frenulum, so there’s basically no limits to how far I can stick my tongue out.
14. My favorite TV shows right now are “The Walking Dead” and “American Horror Story.”
15. When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian.
16. My favorite novel is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have read it twice already, which is something that I never do.
17. I have never broken a bone.
18. I have an older sister and a younger brother, who were my best friends growing up.
19. I love to sing all of the songs from The Phantom of the Opera.
20. If I could go anywhere in the world, it would be South Korea. I want to meet my boyfriend’s family and friends and see the place where he grew up and get the opportunity to understand his culture better.
I told you these were random! I was scraping for things to write toward the end.
Please share with me some random things about yourselves. I would love to read them.