Here are a few pictures from this weekend. I went out to campus and to my father’s farm and took a few pictures of things I found lovely and wanted to share with the world. I hope they brighten your day at least a little 🙂
A few posts ago, I wrote about the things I dislike, which is something I came up with at a time when I was feeling down and negative. A fellow blogger suggested that I then write about the things that I like. I have set a personal goal this year to be more positive, so I thought the idea of coming up with the things I like was an excellent idea. I sat down, and in my new lovely journal I wrote a list of things that I like. I did this last night after a long day of just being outside and enjoying the weather, but surprisingly it was difficult to come up with a list of things. The following are things that I like, love, or just enjoy 🙂
- Beautiful days when I can work outside
- Writing poetry & fiction
- Reading, non-fiction
- Collecting books & teapots
- Shopping, for anything really. I have a sad addiction to Target.
- Cats, something which you all probably already know. I’m kind of obsessed with my cat Chester.
- The smell of gasoline. This seems random, but I thought it quirky enough to share. I’ve always liked this smell, even as a kid. Strange, huh?
- Taking pictures. I do not consider myself a photographer, but I do like to take pictures and then share them with others.
- Waking up to my cat sleeping in awkward positions on my pillow. It helps me to wake up with a smile.
- Cleaning/organizing. This calms my anxiety, or perhaps it fuels it? Any way, I like to do it.
- Refinishing old furniture. You’ve see one of my projects aka the filing cabinet, but I’ve done a few others that I’m proud of.
- Watching “The Office” and “Family Guy.” My heart is being ripped out of my chest because the series finale of “The Office” is on this Thursday.
- Spending time with my boyfriend and family. I got to see my family this weekend and I haven’t spent time with just my sister and nephew in so long. I can’t believe how much he’s grown.
- Nature in general (except insects/arachnids of any kind)
- Going to the theater. I especially love musicals, but I like plays too. I have yet to go to an opera and I don’t know why because the opera here is supposed to be excellent.
- Fresh air, but who doesn’t.
- Meat loaf and comfort food in general. I miss my grandma’s cooking.
- Wine tasting.
- Visiting museums. I like any kind of museum, but I especially like to visit historic homes.
- Experiencing other cultures. I had the chance to visit England and Germany in 2007 and my family and I still talk about that trip. My next goal is South Korea or Italy.
- Sleeping! I don’t get enough of this.
- Taking walks in the evening.
- Drawing. I’m not the greatest artist, but I do enjoy this.
- I love frozen yogurt. My bf and I eat it all the time. I think there are four or five frozen yogurt shops in this small city.
- Herbal teas, particularly peppermint.
- Skin care products, you’ve seen my earlier posts about this 😉
- Assassin’s Creed & Call of Duty (any version of either)
- Showering. I do to much of this, hence my fragile hair and skin.
- Baking. I like to bake, when I have the energy and time.
I tried to make this list longer than the dislike list 😉 In my journal I wrote 21 things and then when I started actually writing this post, I couldn’t stand the odd number, so I went for an even 30. In all honesty, 30 kind of annoys me and I would have liked to round it off to a better looking number, like 40 or 50, but 30 will do. I’m strange I know. Toward the end I was getting sleepy and even though it’s nearing night time, I am thinking about taking a short nap.
I hope you enjoyed this list. I’d love to hear some of your likes/loves/pleasures! Please share 🙂
Thanks for reading!