If you shop at IKEA, you probably recognize the bed frame and the duvet cover. I love that store. Anyway, I was flipping through the IKEA catalog out of boredom and I looked at what they did with this bed frame. In the catalog, they put ribbon on the headboard, so I tried it.
I think it looks cuter 🙂 It gives it a little more color, plus I love blue and since I can’t paint my walls I thought this would be a good way to add color. Not sure how much my boyfriend will like it, but oh well 😉 Also, it sort of looks like Chester is photoshopped into the picture. Of course he thinks the ribbon is his new toy…
Today has been busy, yet uneventful. I did the usual things I do on a Saturday: grocery shopping, laundry, and house cleaning. I also decided to organize things a bit better and I reorganized my bookshelf, which looks much less cluttered now. Sometimes it’s fun to change things up a bit.
If my house is cluttered, or if anything is not how I think it should be, I can’t relax. Cleaning house actually helps me to relax. It has to be done and I can’t sit down until it’s done. Since I cleaned this afternoon and reorganized my shelf and other random areas of the house, I have had nothing to do except relax and it has been pretty great. Here are some of the things I usually do to relax:
- Watching a great TV show on Netflix of Amazon Prime because I don’t have to worry about waiting for the next episode. I am not watching House of Cards, and I’ve gotta say, this is the best show I’ve seen in awhile. VERY, VERY GOOD! Kevin Spacey is so dashing!
- Sipping a mug of hot peppermint tea. I do this every night and it is perfect for calming the nerves and stomach. I don’t sleep as well without it.
- Reading. I love to read a good book on “my side” of the couch or even in my new, old chair 🙂 I am really picky about what I read and I’ll admit, there has to be a good romance somewhere in it. Also, the genre is a huge factor. I mostly read historical fiction, but love the Stieg Larson series, which is out of my usual comfort zone.
- Playing on my phone. I almost always fall asleep doing this 🙂
- Going on a walk in the evening, if it’s not too hot outside, but it’s been really hot and humid lately, so it’s been a no go.
Honestly, I couldn’t come up with anything more than this! I am the type of person that honestly never relaxes. I’m constantly on the go, which I wish wasn’t the case. My anxiety will drive me into the ground.
Anyway, I’d love it if you’d share with me the things that you do to relax 🙂
Also, here’s a picture of Chester!
Thanks for sharing!