Do you ever let a day go by without doing anything memorable? Is there ever a point at the end of the day when you say, wow, I did absolutely nothing today? Today was that sort of day. I did nothing and I am not proud of myself. I filled up my car with gas, but when I went outside the sun even hurt my eyes. Also, I have only talked to my cat the entire day and he’s been sleeping most of the time, so it’s been weird to say the least.
It has been a day where I have had too much time to think and not enough to do to keep my mind occupied. I haven’t had one of these days in awhile. They only come around when my boyfriend is not here. I feel totally useless right now.
The only thing that I really “did” was paint the picture above. It was a fun one. I only really like to paint things that don’t require a great understanding of depth and dimension because I’m terrible at painting actual things. I basically just painted half the canvas black and the other half white and then ran a wet sponge along the top to create the running effect.
Other than that, I watched House of Cards all day long. I am saving the last couple of episodes for later. Whenever I end a show, I feel terribly sad. I’m getting that way with this one. I don’t want the first season to end! Even though Frank Underwood is a terrible person, I am extremely attracted to his character! I should have started it closer to when the second season will be released. I do that a lot, become sad when I finish a TV series for good or just for a season and have to wait, or when I finish a book. Actually, if the book is good, then this happens every time I read a book. It rarely happens when I watch a movie, but sometimes. I really start to feel like I know the characters and can relate to them in some way. It’s weird, I know, but I hope at least someone can understand this.
I actually came up with a list of TV shows that I loved so much and was heartbroken when they were ended. Some of these are still going, but the season has ended:
- The Office. I actually cried during the last episode. I have seen every episode at least 5 times. It’s my favorite series of all time and always will be. Nothing will be funnier to me 🙂
- The X-Files. This was a great show and it had a long run, but it didn’t make it any less sad when it ended. My sister and I still talk about this show all the time. I’m a huge fan of conspiracy theories and sci-fi, plus the characters were awesome.
- Lost. I watched the entire series in two weeks one summer on Netflix. My sister and I were watching it at the same time and would call each other to talk about it. I’m pretty certain we were both totally shocked by the ending.
- Freaks and Geeks. This show never should have been canceled after the 1st season! This was a GREAT show. I loved all the characters and I honestly can’t believe it didn’t get renewed for a 2nd season.
- Eureka. This show is a bit more obscure and had a great ending, but it was fun and my boyfriend and I enjoyed it so much. 🙂
- The Tudors. It made me realize how much of a d**k Henry VIII was and how sad the story of his wives is. Obviously it could only go on so long since it is based on a man’s life. Still sad when it ended.
- Borgia. This show is still going on, but I have to wait forever and ever between seasons. I love the sexy dynamic between the two main characters, Lucrezia and Cesare. Ok, I will admit, they are brother and sister and that DOESN’T mean that I’m some weirdo who’s into incest. It was just a different time in history when this sort of thing wasn’t totally unacceptable 😉 Also, Cesare is gorgeous. I can’t wait to see what happens in the 3rd season. This show is not the same as Showtime’s The Borgia’s. I think this one was aired on BBC or something, but I watch it on Netflix.
- American Horror Story. Each season revolves around a different story, but the actors playing the different characters are the same. I always love Evan Peters characters. His characters in season 1 and season 2 are night and day, but he plays them both so well. I love how he was in the The Office once as Michael’s nephew, who Michael spanked for being obnoxious.
- House of Cards. As I said earlier, I am holding onto these last couple of episodes so I can delay the sadness that will inevitably ensue. I want to watch Season 2 asap! Hurry Netflix 🙂
- Orange is the New Black. The same thing applies for this show as it does for House of Cards. I will not repeat myself.
Anyway, that is what I’ve been thinking about today. I did everything that I needed to do yesterday, cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, etc, and I didn’t realize that I left nothing for today. This is what you have 🙂 I will now go back to eating my Lean Cuisine lasagna.
Thanks for reading.