A few weeks ago, I posted about a new chair that I bought at a really neat antique store in my hometown. It’s very cute and unique and I love the texture because it reminds me of a couch my great grandmother had. Since then, Chester has apparently claimed it as his own and he is the primary user of the chair. I’m not worried about it though. He doesn’t scratch it (much) and he doesn’t really ever shed. It’s rare when I see his fur on anything. Anyway, I just had to share this photo that I took recently because it shows just how content he is sitting there, not having to force cuddle anyone 😉 He looks like he’s smiling. I love my little stress reliever.
I have OCD, a specific type of anxiety disorder, which means obviously that I have a lot of anxiety 😉 A lot of things can trigger it and the fact that I grind my teeth at all hours of the day and tense my neck constantly is probably an indicator that I’m usually experiencing some type of anxiety.
I took the time this evening to think of some of the specific triggers of my anxiety. This is probably not an exhaustive list, but it’ll do 🙂
- The “v” word (a.k.a. throw up) in the form of action, noun, or sound
- Contagious illness in general
- Being near someone who is coughing or sneezing
- Touching someone else’s keyboard, cell phone, pen/pencil, basically anything that they probably never thought to disinfect
- Sitting on a public toilet. Public restrooms in general.
- Touching paper after I’ve washed my hands
- Grasping a public door handle, not my home ones
- Going to the movie theater
- Going to the gym
- Eating without access to someplace to wash my hands
- Touching my face
- Undercooked meet, particularly pork and chicken
- Food poisoning
- Public transportation of any kind
- Handling money
- Touching a credit card machine or anything at the bank (atm, teller window)
- Bars where lots of young people go. Sounds weird, but here there are bars where undergrads go and those where graduates, professors, and “townies” go. Big difference.
- Public places in general
Well, these are just some of the things that came to mind 🙂 Please share some of yours, anything that’s not listed or is! It’s always great to share 🙂
Now, back to cuddling my Chester.
Thanks for reading!