Someone suggested a few days ago that I write about the things that inspire me, beyond my cat Chester 😉 Therefore, this picture of him will have to do for now. Now, he’s kind of my go-to muse, but there are other things out there that keep me mostly sane and going. These are the things that really get me motivated to do something, particularly to write something or to make something like painting or drawing a picture. I had to really sit down and think about these things, so that they wouldn’t seem quick and superficial. Here’s what I came up with:
- Changing leaves– Almost every fall, at the beginning when the leaves are just beginning to change, the air is mildly cold, and the air smells different, I feel like it is the perfect weather to wear a sweatshirt, drink tea, and write something. Of course this ends and I’m left with partially finished novels.
- A clean house- Probably most of you have heard me say something about this before, but I can’t do anything until my house is clean, or organized at least. I can’t sleep if I have to think about picking things off the floor and putting them where they belong. I get this from my mom. If my house is clean, the air smells fresh, and I feel like I can do things in my free time because there’s no cleaning to be done.
- New makeup, clothes, or a new haircut- I don’t generally look like a fashionista, but when I get any of the new things above, I feel like I can conquer the world. I think it’s important for women to feel they are beautiful. I know we don’t always feel that way, but those times when we do it’s just awesome to be alive 🙂
- Getting a compliment about my appearance or job performance- This goes along with #3, but it’s really a confidence booster and I feel like I can do anything or be anyone.
- Thinking about the future- I have always been a dreamer and I have always thought about what I will do when I get older. I’ve wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember and want to be published someday. I want to see where my life will take me. Looking toward the future is what keeps me going.
- Antique shopping- This is a random one, but as I look around my house, the coolest things I own are vintage or antique. I love the thrill of the hunt and when I get an idea for something, I’m really inspired to find it and buy it 🙂
- Finishing a project- You all have seen my projects, some of which have been successful and some that were not so much, but when I finish one, it makes me feel like I can accomplish things. It’s really disheartening when something doesn’t go the way I want it to.
- Cats- I didn’t say any specific names of cats, but cats in general 😉 They don’t necessarily inspire me, but I love cuddling with one in particular.
Well, I guess I didn’t come up with a good number of things. Having only 8 things bothers me, I will admit, but I’m sleepy and my eyelids are heavy right now 🙂 I will take a short nap and then crochet 🙂
That is my life right now 🙂
I love getting suggestions, so please feel free to leave more! I like responding to what you suggest!
Thanks for reading!