I love beauty products. I love to shop for them online, but going outside to the stores, especially during winter, is stressful to me. I don’t like moving around people and having to make eye contact with other shoppers, so I usually don’t even look at people. This makes it quite awkward because I almost or actually do run into people. It’s like I can’t make eye contact and I can’t see others. I don’t know how to explain it, but maybe it’s a bit of social anxiety. Anyway, I decided it was probably time to get new conditioner after I noticed my previous one no longer smelled right 😦 I picked up a few other things at the same time.
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in #005 sugar frosting : I wasn’t even going into Target to find lip balm or makeup even, but I came out with this. It was on clearance for $2.00 when it was originally ~$7.00, and I’ve always wanted to try one of these hybrid lipstick, lip balms and thought, what the heck. I like it. It’s very hydrating and the color is subtle. It gives me that natural, yet supple look I go for when wearing anything on my lips. I have very fair skin, so I especially like the paler colors like this pale pink. It was a good buy, even if on the spur of the moment.
- Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Conditioner: I have been wanting to try this particular conditioner because I’ve heard good things about Organix and was looking for a very moisturizing conditioner, so I went with this one. It doesn’t match my shampoo, but I’m not a firm believer that you need to match your shampoos and conditioners if you feel they are working well together for you. When I smelled it in the store, I loved the coconut smell; very tropical and pleasant. Well, I made the mistake of buying and smelling it the first day of my birth control packet. If you have no idea what that means, well let me explain briefly. I’m very nauseated during those first couple of days, so I develop food aversions to new things introduced during that time. This conditioner has been something that I have developed an aversion for. The smell makes me nauseated now. I do love how soft and sleek it makes my hair. I can easily comb it when it’s wet. It’s a good conditioner for the price.
3. Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls: I too have an aversion to this buddy too. It doesn’t even have a smell! Ugh. I still have been using it. I was looking for a decent, overall highlighter to soften my look. I came across this one by Physicians Formula. I have tried blush from Physicians Formula because I won it from their site a few months ago and I liked it. The pearl palette was very pretty and I thought it would be just what I was looking for. It certainly gives me a lovely sheer luminescence. I do like it a lot and have no complaints. I chose the one for lighter skin tones and think it was a good move.
I also wanted to mention that I won a giveaway! Kaily from somedaysunny.com, one of my favorite beauty blogs on WordPress, held a giveaway to mark 200 followers. I can’t believe I was chosen! I feel like I never win anything, so this was a very nice surprise 🙂 Here’s what I received:
All of these products are from Acure, a brand that provides organic, cruelty-free, sulfate free, paraben-free, and basically free of anything you would not want in your beauty products. I love that! I noticed they started selling this brand at Target, so I will be able to easily access it. From left to right, this is what’s pictured:
1. Argan Stem Cell + Chlorella Growth Factor Brightening Scrub 4 oz
2. Moroccan Argan Stem Cell + Argan Oil Cell Stimulating Body Wash 8 oz
3. Lip Lush in Birthday Suit 0.5 oz
4. Unscented Argan Oil Cleansing Towelettes 30 Sheets
I have so far tried the lip gloss and the towelettes and I love them both! The lip gloss is very shiny and nourishing and the towelettes are awesome at taking off makeup. I am waiting to open the other two products when I run out of what I’m currently using. I’m so excited to try those as well! Thank you again Kaily 🙂 It was very kind of you.
I will go back to crocheting now. I have crocheted 2 entire scarves already and am finishing a third. Here’s one that I finished:
Hope yours is lovely.