Lately, I’ve been feeling really well mentally and am in a good place right now. I have been doing my best to avoid OCD triggers, like watching the news or going into social situations that make me uncomfortable. I’ve been making a conscious effort to avoid things like this because winter is always a tough season for someone with Emetephobia. I don’t need added stress of other things!
On that note, I really like reading these tag posts done by others, so I thought I’d do one of my own! I got the idea from a fellow blogger, Dorkchops. I know not all of my readers are into beauty and makeup, so I am writing a Get to Know Me tag post that I found at Noobbeauty. I enjoy my anonymity, but I also want my fellow bloggers to know who I am as a person. I hope you enjoy reading my responses to these 25 questions because I had fun answering them!
25 Get to Know Me Q’s
1. What is your middle name?: Lynn 🙂 Pretty generic, early 90s girl’s middle name.
2. What was favorite subject at school?: History and English. I still love both and started out in college as an English major, but switched later. Nothing I enjoy more than reading quality literature (no 50 shades of junk)
3. What is your favorite drink?: I love peppermint tea and I just had the best ginger green tea yesterday, but my favorite is espresso! Otherwise, I just love plain water 🙂
4. What is your favorite song at the moment?: I don’t have a favorite song, but I am listening to a lot of classical, particularly Debussy.
5. What is your favorite food?: Well, my favorite food is American country food, particularly the food my grandma used to make. Think Cracker Barrel, but homemade and way better.
7. Favorite book of all time?: I have so many favorite books of all time. I would have to say anything by Geraldine Brooks and Margaret Atwood. My favorite book by Geraldine Brooks is Year of Wonders and my favorite by Margaret Atwood is A Handmaid’s Tale.
8. Favorite Color?: My favorite color is purple. I literally love any shade of purple 🙂
9. Do you have any pets?: I have a cat, Chester. I hope you know this by now. Just in case you didn’t, here’s a majestic picture of him!
10. Favorite Perfume?: My favorite perfume is Dior Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet. I love anything that smells like roses and this has a subtle rose scent. If I could wear straight up roses, I would.
11. Favorite Holiday?: If you are in America, holiday means something different. We call holidays vacation, but in this case, I think they are referring to national holidays. My favorite holiday is probably Halloween. I love to be spooked and I’ve always been fascinated by the occult.
12. Are you married?: Nope and not sure if it’s something I ever want to do.
13. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: I have been out of the country once. My family and I went to Germany and England back in 2007. It was really fun and at the time, my OCD wasn’t manifesting as badly as it is now, so traveling out of the country was fun for me. Now, I’m not so sure how I feel about leaving the country.
14. Do you speak any other language?: I only speak English fluently, which is pretty typical of the average American who grew up where I grew up. I can read and comprehend German and I know basic Korean and can read Hangul, but don’t understand everything. I comprehend what two Koreans are saying to one another, but am not that great at communicating back.
15. How many siblings do you have?: I have an older sister and a younger brother, so I’m the middle child. And yes, I have middle child syndrome 😉
16. What is your favorite shop?: My favorite shop is probably Joann’s because of all the yarn. My favorite clothing store is J. Crew and, of course, I love shopping at IKEA.
17. Favorite restaurant?: My favorite restaurant is local and it’s a pub/brewery. The food and beer is just phenomenal.
18. When was the last time you cried?: Hmm, yesterday I think. I was being really emotional and told K that I was sad that he was going to work. It was more of just a welling than an actual cry.
19. Favorite Blog?: I have a lot of favorite blogs, so I’m not just going to mention one 🙂
20. Favorite Movie?: My favorite movie is Schindler’s List, but I can’t bring myself to watch it a second time. I also really love Django Unchained, the Departed, and Zodiac, even though it scares the crap out of me.
21. Favorite TV shows?: I am much more of a tv show person than a movie person. I have a lot of favorite tv shows and these are in no particular order: Criminal Minds, the Office, Family Guy, Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, American Horror Story, Poirot, Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, the Walking Dead, Supernatural, Peaky Blinders, Sherlock, Rectify, Freaks and Geeks, the Borgias, Call the Midwife, Luther, the X-files, and Lost.
22. PC or Mac?: Mac
23. What phone do you have?: I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II
24. How tall are you?: 5’4″
25. Can you cook?: Yes, I can cook 🙂 I don’t necessarily like to, but I do and if I really try, I can do it well. I cook better with recipes than by just winging it.
Well that was fun! If you want to do this tag post, I’d love to read your responses 🙂