If I remember correctly, when I first started blogging, I wrote a series of get-to-know-me lists. I looked back to see if I could find them, but I couldn’t. I might have miscalculated the timeline on that. I’m not sure where they are. Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself a bit more as a person and to bring you all a little bit into my world. Not that my world is any better than yours, I just want to feel closer to other bloggers and like-minded people.
Today, I sat down and wrote a list of 10 things that you probably don’t know about me. These are just ten random facts that I came up with tonight. These are in no particular order. I just wrote them as I recalled them.
10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- I don’t particularly like listening to music. I like classical music to fill the space when I’m alone and don’t want the TV on and I do like to sing in the car to music, but I don’t have any songs on my phone or any device really and I don’t use headphones/earbuds at all. Music is just not something that interests me or is something I seek out. That being said, I do love to sing. I miss the days when I sang with a serious choir. Now, I don’t really have much access to one, or more like I just don’t have the motivation to seek one out.
- I don’t like kids. I know some of you are going to be shocked by this and perhaps appalled and I’m sorry. I really, honestly, feel nothing toward children. I appreciate and respect any woman who gives birth and any parents who raise children. I know I do not have what it takes to be a mother. The only two kids at this point that I love are my niece and nephew. Other than that, I really don’t even want them near me. This is definitely something that is related to having OCD. I have a fear of children because they are, in my mind, germ-ridden. I avoid them at all costs. Before you go off on me, know that I have felt this way probably since I was in middle school. I had a friend who loved babies. I felt nothing for them. Still to this day, I know I don’t want children. Do not say, “One day you will change your mind” or anything along those lines. It will not comfort me. It will annoy me.
- I grew up on a farm. My dad’s farm and grandpa’s house is in the picture at the beginning of this post. My dad is still a farmer. He raises cattle and plants corn and soybeans. I would probably actually die if I had to work as physically hard as he works. When we were kids, there were some days I never even saw him. He’d work from 5 am to midnight.
- My best friends are K, my mom, and my sister. I have acquaintances in real life, but I have trouble making good, lifelong friends. I think friends are a little overrated anyway and you really can’t beat the closeness you can develop with family. However, I do consider many of my fellow bloggers friends. I have one very dear friend who I met through blogging! That’s you Varg!
- K and I are seven years apart. He is 7 years older than me. When I was younger, the difference seemed so great, but now, it means nothing to me. I feel like we are the same age and sometimes I can’t believe we aren’t. I guess at this point, we are basically the same person 🙂
- I have a BA in Speech and Hearing Sciences 🙂 I went to an awesome, 4 year school, but chose one of the least marketable undergrad degrees, so I’m not currently working in my field of study.
- Crochet is the only hobby I’ve ever managed to stick with. If’ve tried painting, sketching, sculpting with polymer clay, and even sewing. All of them have been short-lived and usually a huge flop. I have not only stuck with crochet, but I’ve excelled at it. That is a major feat for me.
- I drive a 2012 Chevy Cruze. This is my baby. During the summer, K and I take our cars both to the carwash and detail them at home as much as possible. You’ve never seen a clean car until you’ve seen our cars during the summer. I think he has a touch of OCD as well because we both can’t stop until our cars are seriously spotless. I mean, we spend hours and hours out there. We’re pretty serious about our cars. I am not one of those women who knows nothing about cars. When someone asks me, “oh what kind of car do you drive?” or something along those lines, I do not respond by saying, “Oh it’s a silver one, I don’t know what kind hehe tehehe.” Come on! We live in a world surrounded by cars, how can you not know what cars are called? I know cars much more than most women, especially women my age. I think I get that from my mom 🙂
- I was bit by a mouse once. When I was probably around 9 or 10, my first cat, Hootie, was chasing a field mouse in the garage. I was crying, being a huge animal lover, because I didn’t want Hootie to kill the mouse. I reached down and actually somehow managed to grab this mouse that was running as fast as it could. The thing bit onto my index finder and was hanging there. I was speechless and screamed and flung my hand out of instinct. I cried all the way to grandma’s house and she put salve and a bandaid on it. No one ever took me to the hospital. I’m just glad I haven’t died of rabies.
- I have never lived outside of Indiana. I have traveled plenty of times out of the state and once out of the country, but have never lived anywhere. I find this so strange since I can’t stand the ugliness of this state. I hope to one day live for at least some time in a sunnier, more steady climate.
I hope you enjoyed reading this. Now share with me one thing about yourself that you’d like for the world to know, or even write a “10 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me” post! I’d love to read it. Or not, it’s up to you 🙂 Have a good night/day. Wherever you may be!