I am really looking forward to taking a short trip with my mom to Chicago this weekend. We haven’t been on a vacation together in a long time and we are mostly going to go shopping at some neat places in the Chicago area and we’ll be staying up there as well. It’s going to be really fun.
I used to want to travel all over the world! I’ve only been out of the United States once and that was to Germany and the UK with my family in 2007. In the past five years or so, that desire to travel has drastically changed. I really just do not have the same desire to go anywhere outside of my home/hometown. Chicago is about my limit and it’s only a few hours away. Sad, huh? I am mostly afraid of getting sick in a foreign place. It sounds awful. K gets sick almost every time he goes to Korea and it terrifies me. Cleanliness in many places is not going to be what I’m used to and public transportation is not something I wish to utilize, sorry 😦 That and I do not want to leave Chester for long periods of time. It sounds whiny, I know, but this is me.
There are places, however, that I’d like to visit and see, but I just don’t know when I will actually feel up to visiting, will have the money to travel, and will be comfortable traveling. I’ve come up with a list of places that I would one day like to go before I die:
- South Korea. I would one day just love to see where K was born and where he grew up. I love many things about Korean culture, not everything, but many things and I want to see it firsthand instead of having to live vicariously through K and through random Korean Instagram accounts. I love the cute things that come from Korea and I have a lot of Korean beauty companies that I love. I really want to visit Etude House in real life. Also, cat cafes.
- Japan. I know a couple of Japanese people and I would love to meet them in real life. I love Japanese kawaii culture and some of the amazing fashion movements.
- The Grand Canyon. Because it’s the Grand Canyon. Who wouldn’t want to see that before they die?
- Anywhere in the Caribbean. Warm temperatures, beautiful waters and beaches. Of course I’d want to go here.
- Italy. There’s just so much history and beautiful landmarks that I want to see in Italy. In all of Europe, obviously, but Italy sounds wonderful.
- Australia. I have such an awesome friend from Australia and I’d love for him to show me around. 🙂
- Savannah, GA. I’ve heard it’s just absolutely beautiful there. Plus, it’s supposed to be really haunted and I’d love to take some of the ghost tours.
- New Orleans, LA. I love the architecture here and want to stay in one of the beautiful inns with the wrought iron balconies. How amazing would that be?
- New Zealand. I want to see the natural and stunningly beautiful landmarks. There’s a reason why the Lord of the Rings was filmed there!
- Ireland. It’s the land of my forefathers and I’ve always wanted to visit. My sister has been, but I haven’t. Makes me jealous! 😀
What are some of the places you’d like to visit? Have you been to any of the places I’ve listed above? What did you like most about them? I’d love to hear from you!
Have a lovely evening 🙂
To follow me on Instagram: https://instagram.com/meganhasocd/
To follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/meganhasocd
To follow me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/meganhasocd/
To like my Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-War-in-My-Brain/245100422309981